Up to date Maps?

How can I tell if my maps are the latest offered by TomTom?

Nobody knows???? ;-)

I'd like not to have to spend 60 pounds and find that I bought what I already had.

How often do they update maps anyway?

Impatient are we? You gave it a half hour before you replied to your own thread.

The latest maps are on the 520/720 which is version 7.xx. You can check the TT site where you can plug in the product code but it usually isn't helpful as it misinforms you most of the time.

The latest maps are on the 520/720 which is version 7.xx. You can check the TT site where you can plug in the product code but it usually isn't helpful as it misinforms you most of the time.
Is there a place to check that is reliable?

Is there a place to check that is reliable?

No, most of the news of the latest maps are through the grapevine.

The "latest maps" are version 7.xx that are pre-installed on the 520/720 units and are not available to any other units.

The next level version is 6.75 which you can purchase but gotta jump through hoops to get it. You can find info on that by doing a search.

The "latest maps" are version 7.xx that are pre-installed on the 520/720 units and are not available to any other units.

The next level version is 6.75 which you can purchase but gotta jump through hoops to get it. You can find info on that by doing a search.

I have updated to latest Navcore 7.1.31, Home 2.1.92, but my map North America map is still version 665. With this version, it doesn't even know my home (new sub-division).

How can I tell what extent version 675 has updated so it's worth the money to update ? If I buy a new map version, I guess I cannot use this in my wife's unit, as it is tied into each hardware, correct ?

BTW, I can buy the new maps through Home 2.1 but the prices are displayed in Euros

How can I tell what extent version 675 has updated so it's worth the money to update ? If I buy a new map version, I guess I cannot use this in my wife's unit, as it is tied into each hardware, correct ?

good question...I would like to know also.
oly

Vuman, I have map v6.75. Give me your street name and city and I'll check it.

And Oly, the bad news is that you would have to buy 2 maps. No different than paying for a copy of Windows for each computer you own.

And Oly, the bad news is that you would have to buy 2 maps. No different than paying for a copy of Windows for each computer you own.

bummer...but hey its for work my boss has to pay it not me....:)
oly

Please check in version 675

Thank you for your offer of help ... Could you kindly check to see if these address is available ?

47 Caitlin Trail, West Henrietta, NY
12 Cozens Drive, Richmond Hill, ON
991 Pearleaf Ct., San Marcos, CA
12 Ballantyne Drive, Ajax, ON

Thanks !!

Thank you for your offer of help ... Could you kindly check to see if these address is available ?

47 Caitlin Trail, West Henrietta, NY
12 Cozens Drive, Richmond Hill, ON
991 Pearleaf Ct., San Marcos, CA
12 Ballantyne Drive, Ajax, ON

Thanks !!

The only address that did not find was 12 Cozens Dr; and there were no street numbers available for Ballantyne Dr. This is using v675 on my OneXL.
Good luck!

Thank you !

The only address that did not find was 12 Cozens Dr; and there were no street numbers available for Ballantyne Dr. This is using v675 on my OneXL.
Good luck!

Thanks divejoe ... looks like the Canadian addresses do not get updated as often. In my 665 map version, I did not even have the NY address.

Guess I won't be plunking down some $$ for this version 675.

What's the difference between v7.xx and v6.75 maps?
Is it possible to install v7.xx map on TT1?
:confused:

I don't know as I don't have access to v7 maps. I do know however there are still some mistakes in that version as Pedro was kind of enough to check for me.

I guess it depends in your area.

Not at the moment as it is not available for sale and only comes with the 720 unit.

The v7.xxx maps has more detail in the map and a few corrections but not much from 6.75. I didn't notice a big difference between the 7.xx maps and the 6.65.

v7.xxx maps are not available yet for other units such as the ONE v2 or x10 series. If they were, I believe activating these maps will be different from the original maps such as entering a activation code. Activations may occur using the new TomTom HOME.

Ask a Question