Unit Position and Performance

I noticed a disclaimer about windshield mounting not being allowed in California and Minnesota. Does anyone know how much the satellite acquisition might be affected by the alternative mounting schemes (ie.. mounting on vents) as opposed to being on the windshield? (Wondering about the 130 in particular.)

To my recollection, nobody using those types of mounts has said there seems to a gps data acquisition issue.

I think you will see little difference in acquisition being mounted just below the windshield as opposed to on it. With all the window glass you have in a car/suv/truck the unit should pull in signals easily.

I had no problems at all when the wife had our 720 on the seat next to her leg (for FM transmitter interference). It still showed all the bars.

Having said that, the 130 may be a different animal and one of those guru's might have something different to say.

Good luck
Bob

Using both the TomTom One (earlier version of the 130) and the 720 on vent mounts in Minnesota and there are no problems picking up a signal. With the quickfix I have signal before I leave the garage.

Ask a Question