Unable to upload Google address for Western Europe

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I am able to upload North American addresses with Google onto my TT. I have a 920 with sd card. My W. Europe map is on the sd card.
I have tried to upload Rome airport using the same process.
The dialogue box appears with the send button to gps (tomtom). The rest of the process was done the same way as for North American addresses, above.

I then check the favorites list on the device, and Rome airport is not there.
I have even switched to WEurope map on device, and checked favorites, and still Rome airport is not showing. I tested it on another airport in Italy, and the same thing. Not on favorites list on device.

Why not use the built in POI file for airports as that covers a number of options for Rome airport and the various terminals? - Mike

I just tried something here. My setup is such that my Western_Europe map is on a separate sdhc card from my North_American one.

Anyway, I inserted the Western_Europe card, made sure the country map was set to Italy, and went through the process at Google.

Rome airport got saved as a favourite on the map. So, maybe that's the thing .... ensuring your country is set for the location you want. Don't know.

unable to upload google

Why not use the built in POI file for airports as that covers a number of options for Rome airport and the various terminals? - Mike

Both of the last two posters solved my problem.
1. Not using GPS very often, I forgot about POI for airports.
2. To make it work with google, I forgot also that I had to set the country to Italy. It then showed up in favorites on device.

Thanks to you both for your kind assistance.
H

Ask a Question