Unable to operate tt920 via tt Home in PC

Each time I do an update..I ended up with You cannot use this feature because it is not supported by your device. I know it is supported, seems that it's a corrupt file somewhere, i dont know about others, but my tt have trouble with this each time. Unable to operate the TomTom920 from inside TomTom Home software (Current version 2.6) tried on four different PCs, same result. Any suggestions or known patches etc..?

Thanks in advance!

It is usually the result of the app updates - not TT Home. I rolled back to an earlier application to get it working again.

It is usually the result of the app updates - not TT Home. I rolled back to an earlier application to get it working again.

Thanks for replying..I know it is not tt Home. Just like Windows Updates; new updates are prone to mess up the system than it was. It defeats the purpose of updating. I can't rollback, same operation error and have no recent backups. Any more suggestions,would be greatly appreciated..thx.

What version map do you have installed on your unit? (Tap the satellite bars to see the application version. Tap the version number to see the map installed and version.)

Report back.........

What version map do you have installed on your unit? (Tap the satellite bars to see the application version. Tap the version number to see the map installed and version.)

Report back.........

North America (USA) version 8.351

I don't know why dhn wanted to know your map version :confused:
Knowing your navcore/application version I think would have been more useful.

Let us assume you are running The Latest Navcore for your device 8.351.9982

Let's investigate if Home has the required emulator downloaded for this navcore.
Please try the following instructions
Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E)
In the Address Bar Type or paste the Following %APPDATA%\TomTom\HOME\Profiles
You should now see a random number folder Open the folder
Now Open the extensions folder

Inside the extensions folder you will see one or several Navcore folders.

So if you are running that navcore you should see a folder named (e-mail address removed)

In other words there should be a Navcore folder for what ever version you are running on your device.
If you are not running any of the older versions and want to free up HDD space you can delete the older navcore folders.
seems that it's a corrupt file somewhere, i dont know about others, but my tt have trouble with this each time.
Very strange that you have this trouble each time
If you want to re-download try removing the folder and let Home download it again

That or if you want to MD5 compare the files to check for corruption look at the install.rdf for the emulator download link
Here is the link for the latest 8-351-9982-1.win.2.2.xpi

Just rename the xpi to zip to extract the files.
You can then compare files.

That or install without home.
There will be differences however by doing this
If it is downloaded by Home the install.rdf gets modified and a empty chrome.manifest gets created.
Other than that all other files will be the same.

Hi Malouff, inside the extensions folder it was blank (nothing), but I decided to deleted all files on the SD drive (left only my MP3s and PHOTOS & it worked!!!). I must selected to installed on the SD drive as well as the Internal tt drive. .., now the files you mention appear in the extensions folder and I was able to compare the files as you stated. I have another tt ONE GO 3rd Edition, it didnt have this problem without a SD so it helps...THANKS!!!

Addendum: Shoot!! Ok..it works fine, but Now Problem 1: the Car Icon keeps default back to the Blue Arrow when restart the gps; even when I changed to different customized car icon. Problem 2: No computer voices, like Susan, Dave, etc.. I deleted and reinstalled with no available. Help...again! Thanks!

Last edited:
Problem 1: "car icon changing to default" is a known bug every time you run Operate my GO. Is this what you are doing? If so, no fix is known (so far).

Problem 2: delete everything in your my documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\loquendovoice folder. Then try reinstalling voices.

gps3K,

As mvl said the Car icon will show up as the Blue Arrow in operate my go.
A lot of small things don't correspond to the device running vs the emulator.

The emulator is useful for things that will save a lot of screen presses.
like map corrections (such as road speeds).

It is also useful for testing things that may also require you to turn the device on and off such as aligning an overlay.

The emulator is useful but not perfect.

Here's What I did to work. Solution to Problem 1: Copy (Do Not Removed) the art folder from TomTom Internal HD to the Removable SD drive and was able to maintain my preference car icon. I don't know, but this works. Solution to Problem 2: Reset the GPS with a toothpick or paperclip and let it reboot. I also noticed that computer voices do not operate inside TT Home software via PC.

Ask a Question