Two Questions?

My original TT720 died and I replaced it with a new one. I don't remember what operating system version or map I had on the old one but I have had a couple of issues with the new one. When I first got it, I updated the map and operating system with my map subscription. It currently has OS 8.351 and North America 830.2284 map (I know a new map is available, just haven't downloaded yet). My two questions - since I have had this new TT720 when I connect to Home and check what is available for download, GPSQuickFix is never offered. What gives? The second question is regarding the compass display, and I assume it is changes in the OS, but no options are now available for this display - is that correct or am I missing something when I look for these options? Thanks in advance for any info.

1. You can try this: use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit and, as well, go here: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris and delete any sub folders you see in there. Now, connect to Home and try again.

2. A compass was removed as of Navcore 8 though you can show directions on the status bar with the latest application.

Ask a Question