turn off gong sound when speeding

I have a TT One 3rd edition version 7.166 now. I used to have version 8.010.

I want to turn off the gong alarm when going over the speed limit. I do NOT have max speed checked (which turned off the sound when I had version 8.

Also, there is no Safety preferences icon in my menu with the version under "change preferences"

how do I turn off the gong alarm?

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
See if there is a preference option to show more menu options. If so, see if safety preference is there.

If there is no icon for safety preferences, try a pin reset on your unit.

I don't have a menu option to show more preferences and I did the reset and still have the same menu choices. There is nothing about safety preferences anywhere.

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
How about this? Preferences-->Voice Preferences-->Announce warnings. Uncheck it?

Try that.

nope, I don't have that either. I was able to fix it by deleting the custom TT menu I had in SdkRegistry and letting the original menu load. That brought up a safety preferences icon where I was able to turn off the gong sound (I hope). And then I loaded the custom menu back. We will see

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Ah! NOW you add in the additional information (custom menu),,,,,,;)

I think you may have solved the problem. Let us know.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question