Boring Repitions that I cannot turn off

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat; TomTom XL
We have two satnavs - a Carminat built in for UK and a TomTom XL for travel on the continent (much cheaper than upgrading the Carminat)

The XL is great, but the Carminat has a very annoying habit that I do not seem able to turn off, and I have tried several menu options to no effect.

When travelling along, every half mile or so I get told how far to the next junction. When going 40+ miles on the A1, say, this gets very tedious indeed, especially if I am listening to the radio or a CD. The only way to shut it up is to turn the volume down, but then I do not get the far more important warnings and messages at or near the junctions.

It was bliss with the XL when I had 269 km to the next turn and the device KEPT QUIET!!!

Is there a simple menu command that can help?

I am changing cars to anything but a Renault later in the year, so it is really a fairly short-term solution that I am after :D

That is very kind, but I was already familiar with that document, and it is too vague on the menu options. :confused:

I am resigned to the fact that this irritating repetition interrupting the radio/CD is what might politely be described as a serious design fault.

It is probably in the same category as the totally unreliable PoI addition system. It often fails to add a PoI, and even worse, fails to allow the addition of a PoI category. As I go to a number of local Churches, I tried to add a Churches category. It didn't, except that when I tried again it said it already exists! Trying to add a site to the Churches category gives 'Churches not found'

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garoutte07

Latest Threads

Back