TTONE 3rd editing and free space

Just want to share something I observed with the TomTom One 3rd edition and free space. I have two, one needed to be updated using the latest map guarantee and the other already had the latest maps. The version that already had the latest maps has much more free space, 89 meg free versus 59 meg free on the updated TTone. So even though TT Home shows both devices and having the same versions and sizes of installed application, maps, POIs, and voices; The updated TTone has less free space. I did some file comparison and found that the USA/Canada folder had much more files on the updated TTone. The largest file was cphoneme.dat, its about 24 meg and I noticed that the updated TTone had a folder called Brands that contained BMP images of company logos such as the shell for Shell gas stations. It appears that the update process merely overwrites files and does not remove old files. I dont know what cphoneme.dat does but its on the updated TTone and not on the other; Both work fine. Anyhow, I can image that if the update process is leaving old files that people will be running out of space after a few updates. Just wanted to share, Thanks :)

I also think you can remove the file too.
Whatever changes you do, don't forget to back it up.

Ask a Question