TT720 Handsfree to Radio

I know this is a NA site however I'm hoping you can still help me! I have the South African maps loaded and find that I didn't have the VR icons showing. I followed the directions supplied on this forum and now have the Icons showing!!...but...they are greyed out? The unit is up to date with everything so I'm looking for some help on the next step?

Also I had a TT910 and used the "enable_lineout_hands_free" file to enable the voice from my cell calls to go through the radio, however it doesn't work on the TT720..any ideas??

Thanks in advance
J

I know this is a NA site however I'm hoping you can still help me! I have the South African maps loaded and find that I didn't have the VR icons showing. I followed the directions supplied on this forum and now have the Icons showing!!...but...they are greyed out? The unit is up to date with everything so I'm looking for some help on the next step?

Also I had a TT910 and used the "enable_lineout_hands_free" file to enable the voice from my cell calls to go through the radio, however it doesn't work on the TT720..any ideas??

Thanks in advance
J

When the NA models of 720 first had VR working using a hack, it required: firmware 7.221 or higher, map of NA 7.10 or higher AND a file called support_asr.dat with just a '1' (no quotes) in it and the file put in the asr folder.

The European 720's did not require the hack since they were designed to have VR from the start. It also turns out the Australian model also did NOT handle VR, even with the hack.

All this is an explanation of the issues involved. I assume you are in South Africa. Do you have some cspeech.dat files in your South Africa map folder? If so, try creating the support_asr.dat file as described above. Use Notepad and make sure you have Windows set NOT to hide extensions for known file types. You do not want to wind up with a file that is REALLY called support_asr.dat.txt.

Other than that, don't know what to suggest ...

Thanks for the reply. I checked in the map folder and don't see any speech files! My map version is supposedly up to date but at 7.05 but when I go to the online store it shows there's a South African 7.20 so hopefully that will have the files? I only bought this unit 2 days ago so they should give it to me under map guaratee (crosses fingers)

I put the support_asr.dat file in their and it shows the icons but they're greyed out, I assume this is because there are no speech files. I'll let you know once I have the updated map.

Once again thanks
Regards
J

ps any idea on the hands free through to the car radio question?

Thanks for the reply. I checked in the map folder and don't see any speech files! My map version is supposedly up to date but at 7.05 but when I go to the online store it shows there's a South African 7.20 so hopefully that will have the files? I only bought this unit 2 days ago so they should give it to me under map guaratee (crosses fingers)

I put the support_asr.dat file in their and it shows the icons but they're greyed out, I assume this is because there are no speech files. I'll let you know once I have the updated map.

Once again thanks
Regards
J

ps any idea on the hands free through to the car radio question?

Sorry, I can't help with the radio issue; perhaps, others will join in. Hopefully, the 7.20 map will have the required files to allow for VR. I know the NA 7.05 map did NOT have the necessary files but 7.10 and higher do.

Ask a Question