TT1 v.1 - free update to latest maps?

Sorry if this is a repost, but I've searched for an hour and not found a clear answer to these particular question...

I just bought a TomTom One US-Can, on clearance at Toys R Us. The box is unopened, but from some other posts I discovered that the box indicates I have version 1. Before I open the box...

Question #1: Will I be able to get a free update to the latest maps?

Question #2: Any other pros/cons to version 1 vs. version 2? The smaller internal memory doesn't seem to be an issue if you have a large enough card - or not?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Timmer

I think the free map update time is past, unless you contact TomTom direct and explain you just bought it new and it has old maps, maybe they would provide....

Hello Timmer and welcome.
The ONE v2 is a better choice than the ONE v3 with the internal memory.
The maps on the v2 aren't up to date. They are only a year old. It really depends on your area if the older maps are suitable. What area are you from?

Hello Timmer and welcome.
The ONE v2 is a better choice than the ONE v3 with the internal memory.
The maps on the v2 aren't up to date. They are only a year old. It really depends on your area if the older maps are suitable. What area are you from?

His version is Version 1. not V2.

I was looking at this unit myself and would like some more information.

V1 was never sold in North America - only in Europe. I got mine in France. If it's all black, it's a v1.

V2 was the first model of the One to be sold over here. It has a silver front.

If indeed these are surplus v1 units from Europe (with US maps installed), they are just fine. They are very slightly thicker and heavier than the v2 and v3 versions, but still extremely portable. Personally, I love the all black look.

Functioning will be identical to the other versions, so don't fret on that point.

V1 was never sold in North America - only in Europe. I got mine in France. If it's all black, it's a v1.

V2 was the first model of the One to be sold over here. It has a silver front.

If indeed these are surplus v1 units from Europe (with US maps installed), they are just fine. They are very slightly thicker and heavier than the v2 and v3 versions, but still extremely portable. Personally, I love the all black look.

Functioning will be identical to the other versions, so don't fret on that point.

Sorry about that. I'm new to these things as well.

So, the poster was wrong saying it V1... Anyways. So its V2. This is the version that can be used with the 2gb sd card to update the USA maps correct?

I also just got the TomTom One at TRU on clearance. When I power it up and go to the screen where it displays what version I have it says GPS V1. The front of my TomTom is silver with a black rim.

I also just got the TomTom One at TRU on clearance. When I power it up and go to the screen where it displays what version I have it says GPS V1. The front of my TomTom is silver with a black rim.

I guess that means V1 for the USA. But its actually V2 according to the color of the unit.

This is the version that can be used with the 2gb sd card to update the USA maps correct?

Don't worry, all versions can take an SD card.

As for the maps, the USA_Canada map is under 1 gb. It it the North America map which is larger and requires a 2 gb card.

Well, the versions all seemed a little confusing so I went ahead and opened the box. Voila, it looks like I've got version 2 (even though the box code beside the UPC said Part# 5N00.180 - per another post that should have been version 1).

My TomTom One has a silver case and, after updating, I'm running:
App 6.560
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.05
Map: USA and Canada v660.1215

So I guess I'm up-to-date, right?

Thanks for your posts. This is a great forum.

Tim

New apps I just downloaded
APPS7.120
OS2303
GPSV1.21
Boot 5.05
MapsV665.1293

I think are the most up to date for the One

I purchase also from ToysRUs. Mine seems to be the old version. The maps arent' internal but on the 1gb card.

App 6.501
OS 1343
GPS v1.21
Boot 4.81
Maps v660.1215

So if I go and update my tomtom online will it update my maps to v675? Used tomtom last nite and it wanted me to make a left turn down a one way street. Pretty scary.. This was in a pretty busy area of town.

What do these online updates do? Does it look like I am able to get my maps upgraded to v675?

New apps I just downloaded
APPS7.120
OS2303
GPSV1.21
Boot 5.05
MapsV665.1293

I think are the most up to date for the One

my V4, just upgrade via HOME, now is:
APPS7.120 (8459/070816)
GPSV1.21
Boot 5.05
MapsV675.1409

my V4, just upgrade via HOME, now is:
APPS7.120 (8459/070816)
GPSV1.21
Boot 5.05
MapsV675.1409

Can I ask what you are referring to when you say version 4? Is this the new 3rd edition or something else? What is the first letter of S/N?

I would guess that it is not the 3rd Edition as it comes with v7 maps.

It is more likely a TomTom ONE w/ hammerhead chipset and 1GB internal memory with a serial number starting with Z.

Ask a Question