TT1 v.2 - latest free map update?

I purchased my TT1 v.2 on Sept 5, 2007. After various updates (including upgrading to a 2GB card), I'm now running:
Home 2.1
Navcore 7.161
Map: US and Canada v660.1215

But I'm confused about the maps. Piecing together various release dates, plus seeing that tantalizing "Latest Map Guarantee" in Home 2.1, I'm wondering what maps I should or shouldn't be entitled to based on my purchase date.

1. It looks like both 6.65 and 6.75 were released before my purchase. Should I be able to get those for free?

2. I've seen plenty of references to a free ($6 shipping) North American maps DVD. That ended in June - long before my purchase. But since it was freely distributed, am I allowed to find a second-hand copy of that DVD and install it?

I'm very happy with my TomTom, but I'm very confused when it comes to the map versions.

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum.

Ad

Advertisements

I bought my TT1 V2 on October 8th 2007 and emailed TT support about a free upgrade. The unit came with version 6.65 maps and I got an upgrade to 6.75. Not the 7.10 I would have liked but better than nothing and I can use mapshare now.

I've emailed them...waiting to hear.

What about using some else's copy of that North America DVD upgrade from the summer (ended June, if I recall from other posts)? I'm thinking since it was a free offer, it's OK. But I do want to be legal about the whole thing.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
910, 720 and ONE NE
What about using some else's copy of that North America DVD upgrade from the summer (ended June, if I recall from other posts)? I'm thinking since it was a free offer, it's OK.
I don't think it was a free offer, it was $6 IIRC. Plus, you wouldn't have the activation code that was emailed to people who purchased it, so you would not be able to use the map anyway.

Sorry to say, but I don't think you are entitled to any map upgrades. See what response you get...

Ask a Question