TT1 v.2 - latest free map update?

I purchased my TT1 v.2 on Sept 5, 2007. After various updates (including upgrading to a 2GB card), I'm now running:
Home 2.1
Navcore 7.161
Map: US and Canada v660.1215

But I'm confused about the maps. Piecing together various release dates, plus seeing that tantalizing "Latest Map Guarantee" in Home 2.1, I'm wondering what maps I should or shouldn't be entitled to based on my purchase date.

1. It looks like both 6.65 and 6.75 were released before my purchase. Should I be able to get those for free?

2. I've seen plenty of references to a free ($6 shipping) North American maps DVD. That ended in June - long before my purchase. But since it was freely distributed, am I allowed to find a second-hand copy of that DVD and install it?

I'm very happy with my TomTom, but I'm very confused when it comes to the map versions.

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum.

I bought my TT1 V2 on October 8th 2007 and emailed TT support about a free upgrade. The unit came with version 6.65 maps and I got an upgrade to 6.75. Not the 7.10 I would have liked but better than nothing and I can use mapshare now.

I've emailed them...waiting to hear.

What about using some else's copy of that North America DVD upgrade from the summer (ended June, if I recall from other posts)? I'm thinking since it was a free offer, it's OK. But I do want to be legal about the whole thing.

What about using some else's copy of that North America DVD upgrade from the summer (ended June, if I recall from other posts)? I'm thinking since it was a free offer, it's OK.
I don't think it was a free offer, it was $6 IIRC. Plus, you wouldn't have the activation code that was emailed to people who purchased it, so you would not be able to use the map anyway.

Sorry to say, but I don't think you are entitled to any map upgrades. See what response you get...

Ask a Question