TT1 LE "Custom" Install in my 2008 Altima Coupe

TomTom Model(s)
ONE LE
I got my TT1 LE for Christmas and in short order needed a way to hold the unit as the windshield mount was not an option in my new 2008 Altima Coupe (Got it in October). I liked the idea of putting it in the forward storage compartment especially since the power source is located inside. Using my model building skills & materials on hand I put this together.

Ok, so the innards don?t look all that neat but it has all the support it needs. Up front is a ?seat? for the unit to sit on with an open space for the power plug that connects in the bottom.
IMG_0903-vi.jpg

Here is an overhead shot.
IMG_0904-vi.jpg

Having the open void gives a place to tuck away the power cable as well as an accessible means to insert/remove the cable when moving to/from other vehicles. I shot black primer on the inside before closing it up.
IMG_0908-vi.jpg

IMG_0909-vi.jpg

Here it is on the bench covered and ready for install.

IMG_0910-vi.jpg

And finally here it is in place. It may not be as nice as a factory install but it works for me??much better than suction cup on the windshield! I can close the door to the compartment if I need to leave it in the car for any reason.
IMG_0917-vi.jpg

Craig

I have a few more photos here if interested:
TT1 HOLDER BUILDUP PHOTOS

Very Nice! I especially like that you can totally hide it with the stock center console door.

Very neat installation, my only concern would be the location ... being virtually 'on the floor' so to speak, there is the danger of taking your eyes off the road to concentrate on the unit.

Took your advice and checked into imageshack.
This "old fool" can not figure how to get them to load here.
Will keep trying till I am successful

Hi irvinf,

Hadn't seen your post 'til now,
once you register with Image Shack, follow the instruction to upload your photo (usually as a .jpg...there are a few freeware image programs to crop/reduce/convert your pics on the net).
After uploading your pic, copy the image shack address to paste into the 'insert image' line in the forum message window.
tomtom005qq4.jpg

I hope all that made sense.:)

Ask a Question