TT One V2 and LE maps

It is free using HOME. Right now the TT Servers are down.
When it goes back up just connect your unit to your computer and run home. It should upload all the updates. How old is your device?

ok I read the thread. You should get the 710.xxx map upgrade for free by calling TT Support.
Do not let them convince you that the latest map update is the 6.75 for your unit. They should be able to place the 710 map in your TomTom account for you to download when you log on.

Pedro, I really appreciate your help on this. To summarize, please correct me if I'm wrong:

There is basically no reason for me to return the ONE 2nd Edition and get a ONE LE, because they are exactly the same hardware and work the same (once I download current OS updates for free)?

Also, the 2nd Edition is considered superior (retains SD slot and bluetooth) to the 3rd Edition so I lucked out by getting the 2nd Ed. as my gift?

Despite problems mentioned in this thread:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4236
I should be able to convince TT support to give me maps version 7.10 for free, since even though the 2nd Edition is an older unit, it was bought in the last 30 days brand new from Radio Shack?

Will 7.1 maps fit on the internal 1 GB memory in the TT1 2nd Ed. or will I need an SD Card?

Thanks again for your help!

Yes they are the same hardware. All you need to do is update the firmwire on your unit.
Yes you lucked out getting the V2 instead of the 3rd edition.
All units purchased within 30 days should receive a free map update.
The 710.xxx US and Canada map will fit on your ONE's internal memory.

Ask a Question