TT One V2 and LE maps

Can anyone confirm which map version comes standard with the v2 and the LE? I have both units still in the box and can't decide which one to keep. I bought the LE because I read it is basically the v2 with the newest navcore and newest maps that allow mapshare. I also have read that people are getting free updates to a mapshare capable map with proof of recent purchase of a v2 model. Some people have reported problems with downloading and installing updates to the LE model. It appears that this model is not listed on the TT web site and the HOME software is causing some users to get the wrong updates. Do you think that TT will have dedicated updates for the LE, or would it be better to just keep the v2 and email about the free map update? Most people are reporting getting an upgrade to 6.75...how does that map compare the the 7.xx version available. Thanks in advance!
BOSS

I'm surprised you even found a v2, as they have disappeared from most stores long ago. So yours will probably be old stock, hence with older maps.

The LE seems to resemble the v2 in construction. Whether the electronics are the same, I don't know, but you will surely get more recent maps in buying this model.

If it comes with v6.75 maps, I wouldn't sweat the fact that they aren't v7 maps, until some one can really demonstrate that v7 is really better.

Have upgrading problems been showing up specifically with the LE? The problems seem to be all across the model range. Remember that on forums, you never hear from the 99% who have no problems.

I picked up a One LE on Black Firday and it had map version 7.05 preinstalled.

I immediately updated it to 7.10 with the newest map guarantee.

My understanding is that the LE is a rebadged One v2?

So most likely, the V2 would have 6.65 installed that could possibly be upgraded for free to 6.75 to be compatible for mapshare and the LE comes with 7.05 that can be updated to the latest USA map available, 7.10. Is there any reference that states the difference between 6.75 and 7.10? I'm tempted to keep the LE if I can be assured that there will be minimal problems with downloads from tomtom. I get a little nervous since they don't list the LE as a choice when choosing which model you want to update.
BOSS

boss_hogg,

I purchased a TT1LE on Friday, which came with 7.05 and now updated to 7.10, the only issue with the update was that so many people were trying to get updates that it affected all TT users conntecting to the website. I have been doing updates since Friday and updated the map last night, the only problem I had was basically the crowd trying to do updates.

I was, and still am, a little nervous about TT not having the 1LE on the webpage, but once you download, install, and update TT Home, you don't have to select a model, once you connect the TT it recoginzes it and provides the available downloads. It doesn't recogize it as a TT1LE, as far as I could tell, but everything has worked for me.

I am happy with the TT1LE.

Gus

Thanks Gus! This is exactly what I wanted to hear...someone that actually is using the product that can explain their situation. Glad to hear you didn't encounter any problems. I think I will keep the LE and return the V2 after Christmas. This will give me some time to test drive the LE and make sure I like it. Worst case scenario I pay a 15% restocking fee for opening the unit. I wold imaging that TT would eventually list the LE on it's website, but maybe not if it truly was just a rebadged V2 with updated maps. Smart idea to unload old stock if you ask me.

BOSS

Boss,

This is my first GPS, my wife bought the 1LE and a Nuvi 200 so we could test them out to see which one we wanted, but she ended up liking the Nuvi and I liked the TT, so we kept both. The Nuvi is easier to use with less menu items and is less customizable, but my wife likes the easy use of it. I like the TT because you can customize it with POIs, alerts, icons, has a better route planner, and a few other things that I like.

As far as it being a rebadged V2, I don't think that is accurate, I read somewhere, can't remember exactly where as I have read a ton of things in the past few days, but if I understand the One LE correctly (please don't quote me) the software type on the V2 is different than the V3, the V3 I believe has a newer type of software, but as I understand it is only a "light" version of the software, whereas the LE has the full version of the software.

Again don't quote me, but I think this is the case.

Gus

I believe you are correct on the software issue. The 3rd ed. has navcor 7 lite while the LE has the full version. I believe the V2 can be upgraded to navcor 7 (I would assume full??). I'm excited to try out my TT LE!!

BOSS

Have fun, I have spent the past 3 nights messing with mine, everytime I think I got want I want, I find something else here to do to it. Remember to do a backup just in case.

Gus

I bought my LE on black Friday and my map ver is 675.1409. I tried to use the Free update, but it's telling me that "my device came with the latest map" and "Currently, there is no update." is this right? I know alot of people here has the 710 maps.. should I call support and complain or what? any suggestions please!!:confused:

Tryton,

I think when I tried updating over the weekend of black Friday I had the same issue, can't remember exactly what it said, but I tried it again on Tuesday and it worked fine.

The one thing I did notice, if I remember correctly, when you use TT Home and select the icon "Update My TT" or something like that, it doesn't show the new map.

I will assume you used the option under "File" which is the New Map Gurantee, I had to use this to get my new map, if you used this option and it stated what you said, then I would call support.

Gus

I called them and they said that 675 was the latest map and I was confusing it with the app ver number..

I also buy the 1LE on black friday and soon after that crashed the unit trying to do the software updates. I downloaded 7.161 app on tomtomhome and was able to reset the unit and download the new app to the unit.
First think I did before trying the updates was to use tomtomhome to download everything from the unit to my PC. I then reinstalled v7.05 usa map to the unit.
I was now able to update to v7.10 usa map & mapshare. The unit is working great now and I have since gone out & purchased another 1LE for my car.
I am not try to knock the tech support, I know they where having alot of problem over the black friday weekend. To many people trying to do updates all at one time, overloaded the servers. It seems to be fine now. They were not able to fix my unit but did give me the idea on what to look for and I was able to figure it out.

so should I call them again or just bring the unit back to BB and get another.. im confused as to what to do..

Keep the TT LE

The TomTom LE also has Bluetooth capability if your phone is on the compatibility list for Traffic & Weather, no hands free. Also, since the LE has the Navcor 7 software, you can do multiple destination itinerary's where the TomTom One 2nd Ed has the Nav 6 software and the TomTom One 3rd Ed has the "Lite" Nav 7 software and excludes the Mapshare and multiple destination itinerary's.

Can the TT1 2nd Edition be updated to NavCore 7 software or is it stuck at Navcore 6 forever? (Trying to decide if I should keep my brand new TT1 2nd Ed. or return and purchase a LE).

Thanks.

Ask a Question