TT is allowing Maps download??

I just had a user email me that...if I read the email correctly, you can download new map thru HOME?!?!?!

I don't have my HOME application handy... not @ "home" right now... can someone tell me if this is now true? I don't know what version of HOME this user has... perhaps this is something new in the latest version that no one caught? I would think not... but who knows!?!

Hey battom,

do you mean you can download it for free?

I have the HOME application (1.5.106) and when I check for updates it says its the latest.

When I look at the option 'Buy the latest maps' it shows the USA and Canada maps but I don't know how you can check the version. I added to my cart but still doesn't tell me the version of the maps.

yeah you can d/l maps via HOME. You can d/l Australia, US regions and I believe European regional maps too.

I ordered the map last week and I'm hoping beyond hope that it arrives by Saturday in time for my trip to Minnesota on Sunday. Are the maps available on Tomtom Home the same as the maps that will be on the dvd?

yeah you can d/l maps via HOME. You can d/l Australia, US regions and I believe European regional maps too.

How was that different than before? ASFIK you can download maps VIA HOME but the question is it the new version of maps (665.1293).

I ordered the map last week and I'm hoping beyond hope that it arrives by Saturday in time for my trip to Minnesota on Sunday. Are the maps available on Tomtom Home the same as the maps that will be on the dvd?

That is what I'm trying to find out. I can't seem to find the version through HOME and I'm afraid to go through check-out because I might mistakenly purcahse it. Has someone downloaded the new maps through HOME?

How was that different than before? ASFIK you can download maps VIA HOME but the question is it the new version of maps (665.1293).

That is what I'm trying to find out. I can't seem to find the version through HOME and I'm afraid to go through check-out because I might mistakenly purcahse it. Has someone downloaded the new maps through HOME?
ohh, I have no idea how to check for the version number.

Ask a Question