TT Home Updates

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Hi everyone,

Quick question regarding updating your TT one through the home application. Whenever I connect my unit, the updating portion takes FOREVER and plays havec with my wireless internet connection. Not the end of the world as the updates eventually come in. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

My bigger question is what is the latest firmware out right now? I have 7.162. I guess I just want to confirm with everyone that this is indeed the latest and that my TT home is updating correctly. Thanks everyone!

Hey sorry - one more question. How often should their be a GPX fix? I haven't had one in weeks. I deleted the contents of the downloads/ephemeris folder a few weeks ago and it gave me a gps fix update right away but nothing since then.

Last edited:
My v2 is at 7.162 also, so that may be latest version for this model.

You should get a GPS QuickFix more often. I get one every single time I connect.

Jim

Thanks for confirming your firmware. Any idea why the gps fixes wouldn't be showing up?

Hi everyone,

Quick question regarding updating your TT one through the home application. Whenever I connect my unit, the updating portion takes FOREVER and plays havec with my wireless internet connection. Not the end of the world as the updates eventually come in. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

My bigger question is what is the latest firmware out right now? I have 7.162. I guess I just want to confirm with everyone that this is indeed the latest and that my TT home is updating correctly. Thanks everyone!

Hey sorry - one more question. How often should their be a GPX fix? I haven't had one in weeks. I deleted the contents of the downloads/ephemeris folder a few weeks ago and it gave me a gps fix update right away but nothing since then.
I have found that if you minimize the window that HOME is running in, the update takes a fraction of the time that it does if you keep it maximized. As soon as it starts the update, click minimize. Keep it that way, it may try to pop back up. When you see the disk icon stop blinking on your ONE, then you know it's done, and you can maximize it again, and continue as normal.

Wow - what a weird fix! But thanks a ton Smokie! I will certainly try that next time.

Wow - what a weird fix! But thanks a ton Smokie! I will certainly try that next time.
Yah, don't ask me why it works, but it has worked for me consistently since the last update of HOME caused the problem of the slow downloads. I stumbled on it by dumb luck, as with most great discoveries :D

Ask a Question