TT Home taking forever to get updates

TomTom Model(s)
I downloaded the latest TT home software. Now it takes at least 10 minutes to search for updates. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I downloaded the latest TT home software. Now it takes at least 10 minutes to search for updates. Is anyone else experiencing this?

At the best of time, TomTom's servers are flakey. We all suffer when volume of users (I'm guessing, two :confused: ) gets too much for their equipment.

Works ok with my TT ONE LE

I just tried it. It took 20 seconds to find the QuickGPSfix and Mapshare update for my TT One LE.

I have an Ethernet connection and a cable modem. If you have a wireless connection maybe that's the problem or maybe it's a firewall problem. I don't use a firewall except for the hardware firewall built into my router.

I just tried it. It took 20 seconds to find the QuickGPSfix and Mapshare update for my TT One LE.

I have an Ethernet connection and a cable modem. If you have a wireless connection maybe that's the problem or maybe it's a firewall problem. I don't use a firewall except for the hardware firewall built into my router.

I have the same connections as you except I'm still having horrible delays.

It didn't take me 10 minutes, but it sure took a long time compared with the older version. I don't think it should take that long for just QuickGPSFix and MapShare updates.:confused:

Mine was slow, but on a side note, I sync'd twice in 24 hours and received 2 mapshare updates.

hmmm.. I don't think so. When I started up the old version it had no problem with my setup ( wireless, software firewall, plus a router ). With the new version, it will go through the motion, and then it will come back telling me that there is no internet connection. That is funny since when I look at the update window I will see either GFX update or a mapshare there. When I click update, it gets all the updates without any problems; mind you it told me that I have no connection to the internet ... :eek: lol

Ask a Question