Not able to download updates on TT home for go 910

I have a dell dimension 8200, windows xp home. Installed the TT home CD, as it turns out , it really didnt install anything, and when i tried to download upgrades/updates from TT website, ditto same problem. Essentially , I am unable to download anything related to TT. Tech support told me this may be an issue with Norton AV incompatibilty . Does anyone know how to get around this? This is v irritating to not be able to update the software, esp if there are new maps etc

Also, anyone else from Boston here.my TT has been pathetically unreliable in driving in and around the city.. sometime making me end up miles from my destination.. is it just me ( not being able to download the latest software upgrades etc)

thanks!

I'm in NH... don't have issues with routing, but I don't go into the city either...
uninstall HOME and reinstall it from http://tomtom.com/home. This should take care of your update issues. let us know.

Also, I have Norton Internet Security... no issues at all connecting to HOME and getting updates.

Last edited:
Yes dl the HOME application from the web site to get the latest version. When I first installed the HOME app through from the bundled CD I wasn't able to get any updates either. I grabbed the latest version of HOME and no problems getting updates thereafter.

Yikes, I hope someone else from Boston will chime in, I'm heading there in a few weeks with my TT! Anyone else having nav problems in Boston?

>> Installed the TT home CD, as it turns out , it really didnt install anything

TomTom Home does everything on the C:\ (that's dumb !).
If you don't have enough free spaces on the C partition, you'll have problems. When it unpacks stuff to temporary place, and there no room, it will conk out.

Lol, can you imagine a programer trying to foresee all the possible scenarios, such as "hmmm, a customer may have run out of space in the partition, let's care of it"... I mean, there are certain limits, don't you think?

I believe the Home application that's in the CD is not the latest, why don't you try with the one below:

www.tomtom.com/home

Hope that helps ya!!! ;)

Yes.
But most of the applications let's us choose which partition/flr to install ... and starts working from that base there on.

ya know... in all my install, uninstall, re-installs... I've never noticed that it doesn't ask me where I'd like it....

interesting.

Oh ya Battom.
It's possible that you don't use partitions.
As for me after a few bout of bad virus attacks, I have my Windows in C, all the data & program source in D - when things go wild I wipe the C & re-install everything.
Recently my C partition is full, full , full ...

I have 3 partitions on HDD0 and 2 on HDD1... 2 DVD drives too.
I'm just saying I never noticed it ever ask me what directory it wanted me to install on... figured I would have caught that...

No it never asks.
But it gave me fits during installation of the new map. OK I had less than 1G then, so I de-installed enough programs to make that 2G ... Big mistake ! After mumbling a while it spit out another message for disk space. I scratched my head for a long time before realizing that Mr TomTom was unpacking these .cab files and need more than that ...

Ask a Question