TT home and Map update

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
I just bought a TT go 630 in Canada and have map 2gb v815.2019 on it when I attach it too home it checks for updates and says my map is out of date and trys to give me another map thats only 830 mg I think that was the size. This dosent make sense to me to replace a map thats 2 gig with a 830 meg map. Any ideas what I should do about that.....

Also

if the new map is v825 that would mean my map is out of date by 2 versions thats pretty s***y seeming I only bought the unit from Future shop just over a month ago....

thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
First, your 8.15 version map was JUST replaced 2 weeks ago by the 8.25. What you got when you bought your unit WAS current. Relax.

The bad news is that auto-update of maps via TomTom Home isn't all that great. It's much better to give tech support a call and have them "push" your guaranteed update to you.

There are multiple versions of each map. It appears that app 8.0x or earlier cannot read the "high compression" maps, so devices that come with that app have the bigger maps.

For example, "North America" on the 910 is much bigger than "North America" for the 930 on this link.

The 630 comes shipped with app 8.016 so it must have came with the bigger maps. Home will upgrade the 630 to app 8.302 which can read the smaller high compression maps.

Also, on the above link, the map 825 is 1579mb. Perhaps home also precompresses the download to 830mb, and grows it to 1579mb before installation.

Ask a Question