TT Go 630 and Bluetooth

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
Want to use Bluetooth earpiece as a connection for instructions instead of the speaker. I have a Samsung WEP 301 TT locates the unit but will not pair. Is there a list of Bluetooth units that will work with the Tom Tom 630 or what should I look for.

See here to get the compatibility chart. Doesn't mean others won't work to some degree, just that TT hasn't tested them.

Thanks dhn, the phone is no problem it is the bluetooth earpiece that the 630 will not accept. Just looking for something compatable.

One of our supermods, Mikealder, is an expert in many areas, including BT devices. If he doesn't add his wisdom to this thread within 24 hours, just pm him with your query.

(but I'd check back into this thread withing a few hours, he's likely to show up here ;) )

For a Bluetooth earphone to work with the TomTom it must support the A2DP Bluetooth protocol (not many do as the A2DP is really intended for stereo earphones, thats what the 2 means in the protocol name) even when presented with an A2DP headset there is no way of knowing whether it will work with the TomTom which tends to be rather "picky" about what Bluetooth devices it will connect to.

One possible option is to try the "hififix" which you can download from Here

Make sure you have a full backup of the device before unzipping the download straight to the device, it will add a few folders and files that force the TomTom in to finding Bluetooth accessories it wouldn't even see prior to adding the download - Works very well although I have to say I have never tried it on a 630 - Well worth a shot though, if you do try this let us know how you get on - Mike

Downloaded and check to be sure files transfered and they are there. Tried to pair, still the same results. I also tried to see if it work going to the section Bluetooth Preferences and here it came up with a comment "Required features could not be found" . Would the older version App work? Presently I have 8.351.

Check back on this thread, Romer. I'm sure Mike will be back as a follow up. (It's 1:48 am Tuesday in the UK where he resides so don't expect him back for a few hours, he does sleep a few hours, apparently! :) )

Your headset probably only supports HFP (Hands Free Profile), even with the hack applied the headset needs to also support A2DP without this bluetooth pfofile on the headset the TomTom won't see it - Mike

Contacted Tom Tom support one tech emailed me and basically told me to go to a supplier and try all their product and see which one works because they could not recommend any. I called their support a few days later and did not get any further with this so as far as I am concerned, that the end of the issue and I will continue looking. Speaking to a sales person at one of the major stores he feels that it needs to be a wireless hi fi unit which means two speakers. Thanks all of you for your input.

Ask a Question