TT 340XL will not connect - Please help!

eks

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
For the past three days i've tried to log on to TT home to update my 340XL, the main screen comes up but it will not go onto the automatic update, I clicked on the Log In tab but only get the below message, does anybody know what this means? I've contacted TT but they only told me to turn off my virus software, which by the way has never been a problem in the past. I also get a message that says my maps haven't been updated in over 20 weeks but Map Share map connections are temp unavail.

Frustrated here and don't know what to do, help anybody?

thanks
eks

ERROR: 2152398861/#https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services: Error from server: HOME cannot connect to the TomTom server (server refused connection).
HOME cannot connect to the TomTom server (server refused connection).
Error code: 2152398861 (NS_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:06:52 GMT

I did an un-install and re-install last night, still get the same thing happening. When I did last connect for updates three days ago after it was done I noticed at the bottom right of the screen where it normally says the type of TT you have it had a scrolling green bar that said updating. I let it go all the way and since than it hasn't worked. When i plug the TT into the computer the screen comes up "do you want to connect" which is yes, it goes to the TT Home page but stops short of going to the screen that automaticly does the update, when i click on Log in at the top i receive that error message.

What happens if you open Home without the unit connected and change Home's preference to NOT automatically start when the unit is connected to the computer.

Then, first connect the unit to the computer and finally start Home. Any better?

i went to tools, home preferences, clicked on the box to remove "start up updates auto" than plugged in TT but still getting the same error message.

As long as you know your username and password for the log in, try this.......

Start-->Run-->%appdata%

In the folder that appears, rename TOMTOM to TOMTOMOLD.

Now, start Home normally........it'll think it's the first time it's been run on your machine (that's why I said if you remember the username/password).

See if that helps......

Also, reset the unit by holding the power button for about 20 seconds before connecting to the computer.

i noticed my virus protection wasn't working so i cleared it, and downloaded it again and after i shutdown and started the computer up again - guess what, TT Home worked! I don't know if it had anything to do with it but it must have triggered something. thanks for your help though, i'll keep your tip handy

thanks again
eks

Ask a Question