Trying to Generate some POIs

Hello

I am a UK user trying to create Point of Interest files for caravan sites. I have an SQL database with over 1000 entries in it including GPS Co-ordinates and place names. I have managed to build a script to export them into Google Earth KML. However I cannot get it into OV2 files for POI. Could someone give me an algorithm or advice on how to convert these. I can transfer them into a CSV but converting them would take a long time if it is required to do them singally.

Many Thanks in Advance

Rob

Poi 2007

POI 2007 has a batch convert feature that will do exactly that, great program, do a Google search or search this newsgroup. Many of us swear by this program!

Hi

Many thanks for your quick replies. POI Edit 2007 seems to work great, shame its on the Windows platform. I still dont get how they have managed to encrypt the POI files. Why cant they leave it as simple files like Garmin do?

Anyway. Ill keep you posted on development of my massive 2,500 point POI file.

Many Thanks

Rob Putt

Ask a Question