Trouble disconnecting windshield dock

I have posted this in the 510 section, but also want it here in case reader, with solution, may not be reviewing the 510 section. My post is as follows:

I just acquired a 510 today, and want to disconnect the windshield dock in order to use the computer dock. No matter how hard I try in pushing in the 'A' button, and trying to twist, turn, pull, push, etc., cannot get the dock to release. Did read another complaint about this problem on an Amazon comment.

Is there a solution? Unit is 2006; and doubt if the w/s dock has been disconnected since initial installed.
Thanks

Disconnecting windshield dock

Thx. Have that in the original box; and got other images from google. No help.
doon

Have already sent an email request.

Hopefully though another poster or 2 may have some input. As mentioned, found on google wherein others have experienced same problem.

Well, a call to TT support may be of help:

866-486-6866.

Isn't that funny! Using the docking station is harder than using the unit itself! :D IMHO, if it requires so many images to explain how to use it and, even then, it still doesn't work, I call that poor design.

Update

After much straining, pulling, pushing, twisting, etc. .... on the part of both I and the wife, finally had it pop loose late last night. Was concerned about breaking something, so tried to use discretion, but finally gave up and put full force behind. As the install jpg's show, I simply reversed the process ... only about 40-50 times.

Still cannot figure out why. The prongs from the 'A' button seems to be working OK; and see not rust or otherwise. IMO ... a poor design perhaps ??

Quite strange as most users of the x10 used to post issues with the device not locking to the mount fully resulting in issues when your car hit bumps in the road!
If you have one that locks as good as his I would think its a good (but rare) device, my 910 used to disconnect the RDS-TMC receiver and the audio line out when I hit a speed bump over 20MPH due to the mount not locking the device, omTom even removed the auto power off feature on these devices to try and cover the poor mount locking issue - Mike

Ask a Question