Transferring files to TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Can someone please tell me how to get files transfered to the Tom Tom? I have a GO 720. I created an intinerary via Google based on another thread -- and now have an .itn file. But I have no idea how I get that on the Tom Tom.

What is the right location for this file?

Thanks.

I haven't been around long enough to understand what differences there might be among the different models, but on my ONE it's a simple matter of plugging TomTom into the USB port, opening it as a drive in My Computer, and copying the .itn file into the itn folder on the TomTom. There wasn't any sort of installation procedure required.

remember, the TT device (in my case, the ONE XL) acts like any removable drive.

so once you plug it into any windows xp (for me) machine, it will be recognize as such and will be given a drive letter (unless you have network drives already mapped to the next available letter - which you can fix under DISK MANAGEMENT).

this was the biggest stumbling block for me.

once i learned that (from here), i was draggin' and droppin' files back and forth...

Ask a Question