tomtom xl n14644 ver.8.014 no signal.

When i turn it on it starts up and says poor gps reception are you in a building?Waiting for a valid GPs signal.Can you please help me figure this out.

Are you in a building or somewhere other than where a clear signal can be obtained?

Try a reset on the unit.

Also, have you used Home to download a gpsquickfix lately?

Also, is this a new unit and how long are you waiting for a fix?

No Signal on GO 930 in Europe

I had a signal on my North American (Canadian) satellite settings which worked fine for over a month, but when I came to Europe two days ago the TomTom Go930 says: "Poor GPS reception; Are you in a building or somewhere other than where a clear signal can be obtained?" I am out in the open. I have tried resetting the TomTom to the original factory settings and choosing Europe (instead of N.A.) twice to no avail. I need to use this GPS while we are here starting tomorrow. Why is it so difficult and why does it not respond properly? i.e. What is the fix? Thank you in advance for your help. SP

It can take 5-10 minutes to get a signal first time out of the last previous area. Remember to stay stationary for the best chance to grab the signal.

Super Moderator:

You really are super!

I tried going to the Home site, downloading the GPS fix (amongst other items), tried a hard reset when this did not work, and cursed again when it did not appear to help.

THE ANSWER WAS PATIENCE!!!

When on holiday/business in a foreign country, I tend to be a little uptight, and assumed the 2-3 minutes I waited (including moving around) was sufficient....wrong.

The good thing is that this crisis opened my eyes to just a glimpse of the possibilities of this device.

Thanks for that simple insight to WAIT 5 TO 10 MINUTES WHILE STANDING STILL IN ONE PLACE for the signal to take hold.

Au revoir and Cheers,

SP

Ask a Question