TomTom traffic enhancement

I have been using TomTom Traffic for a few weeks now in the Eastern Loudoun County/Western Fairfax County area and I find the traffic to be a little less then reliable in its accuracy.

I not sure if it would be a good idea or not due to the fact that it could be abused but what about the ability to report traffic delays? There could be a button on the TomTom where you could report a traffic delay on a route you are on that TomTom Traffic has not reported a delay or even report that traffic is clear when it reports a delay.

Thoughts on this? Any one else in the NoVA area using TomTom Traffic and find similar issues with the inaccuracies or lack or delay reporting?

I believe the major problem is information on traffic delays may take a while to process and then distribute to all other users. By the time information has been distributed, traffic may be relieved or worse.

There is at least one traffic service that is working on a system that aggregates data reported back in real time from devices on the road. The catch is that they need to have a critical mass before they can accurately spot the difference between an old man going 10MPH on the highway and an actual traffic delay :)

Ask a Question