tomtom to get rid of google local search

thanks for your response andyp

when you said "that's what you do", do you mean you keep the system files on the internal and the map on the sd card, or do you put everything on the sd card?

The first one... Everything on internal except big maps and all my mp3 files for the Go940, which go on the SD card.
(eg on the 940 I moved the America map onto the card which left plenty of room for a full, non-zoned Europe map on the internal) At times I've done it the other way round and put the Europe map out on the SD.

That's the case except for my old Go720 where the internal memory HAS gone bad. That runs happily now with everything on the SD card

both units seem to work now with quick satellite acquisition by having the system/boot-up files on the internal and the map on the sd card. satellite acquistion is impressively quick. booting up from the class 6 micro sdhc card seems to slow down the satellite acquisition. very glad to have access to the internal files and customize everything to just how i want it and more importantly, to correct things if things get botched. my units are running: app 8.371, map 870, poi data from map 835 (with address info, located on sdhc card).

thanks dhn, canderson, andy_p, and mvl!

Last edited:

Ask a Question