TomTom Start says "Data$"

I updated to New Zealand map version 965.7269 a few weeks ago. Ever since, the TT voice says "Data Dollarsign" in place of street names or suburbs in random locations when driving a planned route. In one location I noticed a street name that is totally garbled, sounds like either a foreign language or computer code, I cannot determine which? When I repeatedly travel the same programmed route, the error repeatedly occurs in exactly the same places, which leads me to think it is a problem with the update's voice data.
I tried changing the voice that the TT uses, but that makes no difference. Turning off spoken street names did reduce the incidence, but I still hear it a couple times a week.
Is anyone else experiencing this, or anything similar?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. If that doesn't help, it may be a flaw in the mapping data causing the computer voice to misread certain information. But certainly let Customer Service know:

New Zealand
0800 450 973
Monday-Friday: 09:00-17:30 NZST

I updated to New Zealand map version 965.7269 a few weeks ago. Ever since, the TT voice says "Data Dollarsign" in place of street names or suburbs in random locations when driving a planned route. In one location I noticed a street name that is totally garbled, sounds like either a foreign language or computer code, I cannot determine which? When I repeatedly travel the same programmed route, the error repeatedly occurs in exactly the same places, which leads me to think it is a problem with the update's voice data.
I tried changing the voice that the TT uses, but that makes no difference. Turning off spoken street names did reduce the incidence, but I still hear it a couple times a week.
Is anyone else experiencing this, or anything similar?

Ask a Question