Tomtom rider1

I am new to this forum and also a new user of Tomtom products. I purchased a refurbished rider1 unit for a motorcycle. This unit was checked and supposed to be in good working order. All the items seem to be with the unit. My first problem even after reading the instruction book and following there directions is this.

Whith the home charger plugged into a working wall socket the Blue tooth units charges or appears to since the red light comes on and goes out when it is charged. But the main gps unit does not seem to be charging. I will not turn on withthe side button I dont see any lights etc to know it is charging. I have even left it for two day and nothing.

I am sure the wall charger is working, any sugestions as to my next step.

Thanks in advance for your help

If by Bluetooth you are refering to the Cardo headset, it uses a different charger than the Rider it self.

When the Rider is charging (using the proper charger) there is no indicator to show if the unit is charging or when it is fully charged.

I will check the part numbers of the chargers, and perhaps you can get the correct one for the Rider itself, unless I am misunderstanding you and you have a seperate charger for the Rider?

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't believe that the rider V1 came with a Cardo headset unit it was a different setup with a keyfob type receiver (that you had to tuck in a pocket) and wire to the helmet. The scala was a great upgrade to the V2!!!

I do believe your right Thom, however he may not have the correct charger, or he did recieve a Cardo with the refurb kit.

Hard to say, but with the link I provided he can see if its the one he has.

cheers!

Ask a Question