TomTom Rider v1 Speaker

Hi, I just registered as I have made the tomtom work with any speaker for the car.

I have had the tomtom rider v1 for a year, doesn't get used much and I was pretty pee'd off you can't get a bluetooth speaker for it (well not sure as many don't list as tomtom compatible)

Anyway I had an old Nokia 1100 earphone handsfree lying around so decided to try it as the 2.5mm is still the same as the totmtom cable. It worked fine.

so I took the nokia cable and removed the microphone and joined the wires the other end of a 3.5mm jack plug cable (made it mono to stereo) plugged it in to a set of creative traveller speakers and bingo works a treat.

Of course this doesn't address the issue that you have to use your bluetooth reciever to plug into the wire but this makes the possibilities endless.

You can plug in one of those cassette tapes with a wire to get it through your car stereo or indeed one of those wireless fm transmitters to broadcast to any stereo.

anyway Maplins electronics sell a Nokia converter to convert the 2.5mm mic and headphone to a 3.5mm headphone socket so you don't even have to make your cable it's only about ?1 here.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any info on the net about a v1 speaker for the car.

Hope this helps anyone.:D

That's a great solution! There have been so many users that have struggled to get a speaker phone solution. Thanks!

Ask a Question