TomTom Rider 2 in US

TomTom Model(s)
Rider
i just saw a news item on GPSWorld saying the the TT Rider 2 was soon for the US market. There was the briefest of comments about the unit indicating it had some significant updates to the original Rider but I can't find any specifics on what's really improved beyond the mounting options (no small feat there).

Having now spent a lot of money with 3rd party mounts for the Rider from RAM and Wunderlich, can anyone comment on the Rider 2's features and how it is better than the original?

I also see that the Rider 2 has a cradle with a speaker for use in the car.

Damn, I wish I'd have waited.

I also see that the Rider 2 has a cradle with a speaker for use in the car.

Damn, I wish I'd have waited.

+1! on that Thom

I ended up buying a Go 510 just to try and get better audio (ok, any audio) in the car from my GPS but my Rider is really feeling the effects of a couple of "get offs" but I can't imagine spending the money to get the Rider 2 after all of the money I have spent of RAM mounts, Wunderlich mounts... for the Rider 1.

I take it that that the mount on the 2 is completely different than the original?

The mount on the TTR2 is very much different that the original one. I just recieved my rider 2 about a week ago and it seems very stable on the bike.

............TTR2

Ask a Question