TomTom PRO 7150

TomTom Model(s)
not purchased as yet
I am interested in purchasing the 7150 because of the more accurate mapping. One thing I need is POI with the RV parks. Can anyone please tell me if they are installed from the factory.

Welcome to TomTomForums, Lindsey.

Trouble is that none of the moderators has a 7150 so you will have to see if an other list member has information for you.

In the mean time I suggest you Google for TomTom PRO 7150 reviews.

There are actually a few post for the device in the forum.
Put 7150 in "Search Forums" at the top.
ISTR that the 7150 is basically for fleet use and the 5150 for individuals.

As for POI, whether or not TomTom has supplied a particular category of POI, there are a number of secondary sources for POI files that can be added to these units. It's entirely possible that someone has done an RV POI for Australia. Sites like ozpoi.com have all sorts of POI files for download. Have a look at this page: http://ozpoi.com/Park_s_and_Recreation.html

I am not aware that the maps per se are any more accurate than those offered for other units, though it does support some other added features.

I am interested in purchasing the 7150 because of the more accurate mapping. One thing I need is POI with the RV parks. Can anyone please tell me if they are installed from the factory.
As far as I am aware, the maps on these units are not more "accurate", but I believe that they do contain additional information such as weight limits for roads, low bridge clearance info, etc. - at least in North America.

NOTE: This info does not come from any personal knowledge, but from comments I have read on another web site that is dedicated to POI files in North America.

- Tom -

Ask a Question