TomTom or Nuvi then which 1

Hi,
I had bought a Go730 on ebay but sent it back because he said it was new but it wasn't. So now I can't really decide which one I really want. I want bluetooth for my phone and I would like to have MP3 player to play thru my radio but it's not a neccessity. There is one thing I need for my wife and that is a GPS that will let you put in multiple places. She has different stops to make in a day and gets the addresses in the morning and then goes from there. I know the Nuvi's have multiple stops but I think it is only ten. That would probably be enough. But the TomTom is so much more customizable that it's the one I would like to have! I was looking at the 720-730-920 or 930. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance,
Joe:confused:

Both the Garmin nuvi's and TomTom's can have multiple stops. Garmin calls it creating a route. TomTom calls it an itinerary. But only Garmin models (higher end ones) have the capability for 'intelligent routing' where you put in the points and the unit figures out the most efficient method to get to your points.

I have a Go720 and my wife has a Garmin Nuvi - the 720 has more features, including the bluetooth cell phone connection (which I haven't tried successfully yet) and the mp3 player that can play over your FM, which works pretty good. Being that it is based on a linux OS there is a lot of other goodies you can add to it as well. There is also a program called TYRE that allows you to trace exactly where you want it to direct/take you on google maps, and it seems to work pretty good, but your maps have to be accurate for where you use it (not the case for me)

My wifes Nuvi doesn't have the features the 720 does, but it's a lower end model so the comparison isn't really fair. I haven't looked at the higher end Garmins but I will be soon, as their map accuracy for the area I live and drive in is far superior to the Tomtom.

But I'd say if the area you live in is represented accurately with teleatlas maps, go with the Tomtom unit.

I should have clarified that lower end nuvi do not support routing. Only 1 point (waypoint) can be added.

Ask a Question