TomTom ONE vs Garmin nuvi 200 - pics!

Thanks for the info and sharing of the pics. I'm in the same boat as when you were deciding. I have the One but am debating on whether to return it and pay the extra $100 for a Nuvi 200.

I LOVE the One's rich feature set and interface. I don't think it can be beat. The ability to chose what is displayed on the screen while navigating is a cool feature. Also the sleek design of the case, bright screen, Home (for customizing, third party apps, etc., the list goes one!

However, the two things that are eating at me now is the POI's lack of complete address and direction like you pointed out. The first time I tried going to McDonald's in a foreign town it took me to the nearest one but it was in the opposite direction that I was heading. Not knowing that, it added a round trip to my total trip.

As for the routing, well I've encounted bugs where it told me I've reached my destination in the middle of a bridge (a big bridge at that). Also, even though I've requested the fastest routing, about 10% of the time it picks routes that make you say "Huh?".

Since the main purpose of a GPS is to get you there quickly, it's making me debate on whether to spend 33% more to get a unit that has less features!

I decided if I was going to spend another $100 that I'd get the ONE XL and it's big screen. :)

I just love the navigation screen on the TomTom. I like all the info. However, Garmin's map browser and POI system just blows TomTom away. I hope maybe they fix it down the road.

Garmin has some things to offer, but you lose a lot too and have to spend more money. It's really a tough call.

great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I hope this helps other people who want to see the differences in shape.

I decided if I was going to spend another $100 that I'd get the ONE XL and it's big screen. :)

I just love the navigation screen on the TomTom. I like all the info. However, Garmin's map browser and POI system just blows TomTom away. I hope maybe they fix it down the road.

Garmin has some things to offer, but you lose a lot too and have to spend more money. It's really a tough call.

The biggest problem TomTom has IMO is the POI system where you can't see which McDonalds it is for example you are choosing.

Garmin's biggest problem is the weak weak weak detour function and the pathetic traffic avoidance system.

Ask a Question