tomtom one XL traffic

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom one XL
Hello Hello,
I am completely frustrated and need some help. So, I am kinda new to this forum, and pretty illiterate when it comes to cell phone terminology let alone gps tech. I have a verizon provider and a LG VX 9400 cell phone. My tomtom does recognize this phone and it does recognize it has "wireless capabilities". First i choose other for phone, other for provider, and pick the United States. So I enter my information cellphone # @ vzw3g.com and password vzw and then do the auto, and auto again and then leave it the *99# or whatever it says. Then it starts to try to connect to my phone and transmit data, but outta no where it stops and says call ended. it will do this 2 or 3 times with this message coming up on phone, and then the tomtom says it couldn't set it up.

Verizon told me i would need a usb because it wont support bluetooth because its to unstable.
can anyone help me? I would even be inclined to pay some money for someone to help me get this thing up and running. Desperate you could call me! I just want my weather and traffic lol:eek:

It looks like your phone isn't supported - Link

I know there are cases of phones not on the list working but perhaps in this case it really is true.

Perhaps the cell phone experts want to jump in here...

It looks like your phone isn't supported - Link

I know there are cases of phones not on the list working but perhaps in this case it really is true.

Perhaps the cell phone experts want to jump in here...

Its funny, im siting here still trying to get it. I guess this is a case where it is true. Wasn't sure if someone on here might know how to get past that. Thank you for checking into for me digital-flex. much appreciated

Its funny, im siting here still trying to get it. I guess this is a case where it is true. Wasn't sure if someone on here might know how to get past that. Thank you for checking into for me digital-flex. much appreciated

No problem. Hopefully though, someone will get it to work in the future and let us know.

Verizon told me i would need a usb because it wont support bluetooth because its to unstable.
I use my Motorola Q on VZW to connect my laptop to the Internet using Bluetooth without any problem.
When you spoke to Verizon, did you verify that you have "Broadband Connect" or "tethering" capability set up on your cellphone account?
Just because you may have a data plan for the web usage on the phone does not mean that they
will let you use the phone as a modem to connect another device like a laptop or the TT to the Internet.

I just looked up my account. I have the PDA/Smartphone Unlimited data plan for $44.99/mo but they also charge another $15.00
for the "Broadband Connect" feature with my laptop. Until I added that feature, I could not connect with the laptop.
It acted almost exactly like what you describe; it would dial out but I would get some kind of "could not connect" error.

My own problem is that I can connect through my phone but I can not get the TomTom store
to let me subscribe to the Traffic service in the US. When I try to activate Traffic on the TT,
I keep getting an account expired message, even though I've entered my TT account info.
I know it's not a connection problem since I can download the weather and other things like color schemes.

I already had a Garmin Quest and I bought the TT One XL specifically for the traffic feature.
I'm wondering if I should return it for another brand and just use the TMC traffic. :mad:

Last edited:

Ask a Question