Tomtom One Powers on by Itself

Hello all, I'm new to these forums.

I absolutely love me new Tomtom One! I had no problems installing the app on my PC from its 1GB flash and updating it with cool POIs online. It's leagues better than a Garmin I got years ago (I hated the Garmin software).

But I have one really odd issue with it: the unit powers on all by itself when I leave it for days at a time.

I power it off properly (when the screen on how to store it shows), and I keep it in a plastic bin drawer with nothing touching it, and no other electronics near it. I've found it twice now powered on all by itself, sitting there with no satellite connection (because I can't get GPS inside, which is expected). I've never seen a gadget or any electronic device power itself on randomly.

Is this a know issue of some sort, or is there some auto power on feature set by default? I'm totally baffled. Thanks!

Some TT users have experienced this 'auto on' situation. It is not supposed to happen. If possible, try to 'clear route', if one is set. Some say that helps the situation.

My One XL has done it twice in the last couple of months...:confused: up until then it never has since Nov 07, there is another thread somewhere here with more discussion on this, I usually have mine setting out where I can see it so usually can tell when it happens, hasn't done it now for over a month..:( I think it's best to connect to computer a couple of times a week just to keep it updated and maybe this is solving my problem............:D

Some TT users have experienced this 'auto on' situation. It is not supposed to happen. If possible, try to 'clear route', if one is set. Some say that helps the situation.

I haven't set a single route on it (yet). In fact, the unit is quite new and all I loaded were POIs. It's fairly clean otherwise.

Does anyone have a link to that other thread about this issue? Thanks!

Ask a Question