TOMTOM One not connecting

Folks
I have the TOMTOM One first edition and have been trying to update the software on it. I got this along with a car that I recently bought but there are no CDs etc with it. I have connected it to the PC using a USB cable and it is being detected as a Mass Storage Device. I have downloaded the latest TOMTOM Home application and when I try to launch 'Operate my device' or 'Update software' it shows a screen with just a 'Cancel' buton. Basically at this stage the application expects the TOMTOM to be connected. I have tried switching it off and back again but it does not prompt me with a 'do u want to connect to the PC' as suggested in the manual and the TOMTOM support site. I have tried resetting the TOMTOM, downloaded the 'home images.zip' file and downloaded to the root of the TOMTOM storage drive, and tried everything from the support site with no luck.
Have you come across something like this... Does someone know how to fix it..??

Thanks
Nat

This happened with my second edition when I tried to connect. If the unit has never been updated you may need a copy of the older version of home. I managed to get a copy of home 1.5 from which allowed me to connect. I then updated the TomTom to the newer firmware . I was then able to update Tom Tom home to 2.2.

You may need to call support to find a copy of home.

Ask a Question