TomTom One IQ Routes - No map Found

Hello,

I recently purchased a TomTom One IQ Routes navigation device in Italy.
It took me home alright, but when i needed to use it the most the unit either hangs on the TomTom screen or says no maps found.

The tiny box contained no recovery dvd. Just the usual stuff.
When I go into the device the maps that i have are there. Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB
I read somewhere in the forum that if i delete the loose files from the unit and run HOME that it will restore the files. But that hasnt worked either.

Yet it cannot find them for some reason.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks in advance

Norbert

Last edited:
If you deleted the loose files, when you connect to the computer and start Home, what happens? Does it offer an application update for your unit? If so, do you accept it and install?

No Map Found

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it offers me the IQ routes software. Its around 24MB. I accept, and install. The unit reboots and says NO MAPS FOUND

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it offers me the IQ routes software. Its around 24MB. I accept, and install. The unit reboots and says NO MAPS FOUND

I'm unclear when you say it offers IQ routes software. Is this Home offering a new application?

No Maps found

Hello,

Same thing. SHould i format the tomtom and let HOME do its thing?
Then should i re add the maps folder that ive backed up?

As long as you do have a proper map backup. That's what you need to protect since if you lose it, it costs tto replace it. Anything else (application, voices, etc.) can be obtained for free.

No Map Found

Hello,

I used explorer to make a backup of the maps. I copied and pasted tha maps folder to my second hard drive. Thats what you mean no?

Yes. Then install the application on that card as well. Insert the card in the unit and see if it finds the maps properly now.

No Maps Found

Hello,

I dont actually have a card in there. It has 2GB of internal memory and thats it.
And its super slow when it comes to transfering anything to it.

The slow data transfer is quite normal with these devices as they are only USB 1 speed - Mike

Ask a Question