TomTom one freeze issue

my girlfirend recently bought a tomtom one and we cant return it because she bought it used. i was hoping to at least get the thing running so we could sell it half price to someone but no luck. i have tried everything from the reset button, to updating firmware and also calling customer support. seems like i'm stuck with this useless piece of ****. any ideas on how i could fix this please let me know. thanks.

i know she shouldnt have bought it used, and if she had told me about it before buying it i would have stopped it right then.

Matt

my girlfirend recently bought a tomtom one and we cant return it because she bought it used. i was hoping to at least get the thing running so we could sell it half price to someone but no luck. i have tried everything from the reset button, to updating firmware and also calling customer support. seems like i'm stuck with this useless piece of ****. any ideas on how i could fix this please let me know. thanks.

i know she shouldnt have bought it used, and if she had told me about it before buying it i would have stopped it right then.

Matt

Did you try the ClearFlash tool from TomTom?
>>> Clear Flash <<<

thats the one thing i didnt try,,, i guess i could give that a shot and see if it works. thanks for the advice!:D

it freezes at the start up screen where it says " i agree." then it just keeps re starting. you would think by updating the software/firmware it would just run normal. too many bugs i guess

Did the clear flash solve the issue? And are you using the reset pin correctly? (push in and hold reset, push and hold power button, count to 10, release power button, release reset, try powering on unit)

Didn't say where, though. It's a different problem if it freezes when booting, versus freezing while in use, versus freezing when determining routes, versus it having frozen water molecules all over it... :D

I know, I know...I was just being punchy....

yes i tried the re set and did it correctly, and my girlfriend sold it before i was able to try the flash tool. lol. i bet we will be getting a call anyday. if it comes back then i will try the flash tool. if not, then maybee the guy who bought it will get it working. either way, i'm gald to be rid of it. it never worked right in the first place.

I just went through a freeze issue. The unit worked fine from Home but woudl not boot up for stand alone use after 2-months of working fine. TomTom support was very helpful. They provided me with the 7.140 software release of my XLS. After installing it booted right up. Then after connecting to Home it upgraded it to 7.162 (where I was before).

I am sure this is some endless loop I'll be in ever 2-months now until they real bug gets fixed. :rolleyes:

Kidding!

yes i tried the re set and did it correctly, and my girlfriend sold it before i was able to try the flash tool. lol. i bet we will be getting a call anyday. if it comes back then i will try the flash tool. if not, then maybee the guy who bought it will get it working. either way, i'm gald to be rid of it. it never worked right in the first place.

*Note to self: Don't buy ANYTHING from Matt9" :rolleyes:
:D

Ask a Question