TomTom Go Live 1000 freeze then re booting!

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1000
Hi,
for several months now my device keeps freezing for 20 seconds then re booting. It either remembers the route planned and carries on or if it happens whilst planning the route, loses the address and i have to start again!
TomTom service line has proved useless and now my 2 yr old machine is about to be dumped if i can't fix it.
I am on the road all day and must put 8 - 12 different routes into it on a daily basis 5 -6 days a week!
It wastes so much time doing this, plus when it re boots mid route and you're approaching a junction, i guarantee i take the wrong turning until it comes back on and tells me so!

How can i sort this.

1. i am already resetting by holding the button in etc.
2. I cannot see inside my Tom Tom via my laptop for some reason?
3. I have regularly updated it via my Tom Tom home on the laptop but since the problem started, i end up with 2 things still showing as in need of installing. They never confirm that they have installed...

Help..... Please??

regards
Dave
(newbie)

2. I cannot see inside my Tom Tom via my laptop for some reason?

That's normal... NONE of the new "NAV3" TomToms (eg the Go1000/2000 and VIA models) can be viewed as a disk drive by a PC.They appear as network adapters, like a mini web server.

for several months now my device keeps freezing for 20 seconds then re booting.

If re-booting by holding the power button until you hear the drum sounds doesn't work, it's worth trying the emergency recovery process described in our FAQs here:

New style TomToms - Emergency Recovery Mode

Ok I haven't actually tried the factory settings route yet so ill try that today and see what happens.
I'm sure I tried the recovery method but I didn't see the wheel or cog image so I guess I did it wrong?

Thank you

Ask a Question