TOMTOM ONE 3rd edition questions..

Hi,

Just got a ONE 3rd edition and have a few questions. Could not find the info on the forums. So here goes:

1. Favorites: Once created, and renamed to something like "Bob's House", is there a way to see the actual address (street and house #)???

2. POI's: Why are POI's near me restricted to what it seems 1-2miles?. Is there a way to have POI's near me go up to say 5miles?

3. POI's: Kinda disappointed that when looking for a restaurant you cannot search by cuisine, say chinese vs fast food. Is there a way to get this with updated software?. Currently it only lists all restaurants by distance, but no idea what the type of food is.

Thx!

Hi,

Just got a ONE 3rd edition and have a few questions. Could not find the info on the forums. So here goes:

1. Favorites: Once created, and renamed to something like "Bob's House", is there a way to see the actual address (street and house #)???

2. POI's: Why are POI's near me restricted to what it seems 1-2miles?. Is there a way to have POI's near me go up to say 5miles?

3. POI's: Kinda disappointed that when looking for a restaurant you cannot search by cuisine, say chinese vs fast food. Is there a way to get this with updated software?. Currently it only lists all restaurants by distance, but no idea what the type of food is.

Thx!

1. Unless you type it as the name, or set it to be your destination, I don't think you can "view information" about it.

2. I've not had a hard time with "POI's near me," but that may be because I rarely use it. Using the POI's by city usually gives me what I need very efficiently. I'm fairly certain that you cannot increase the range of the "POIs near me" feature.

3. I actually was also somewhat disappointed, but I learned that most restaurants have the name of the cuisine they serve in their title. So typing Chinese in the Find a POI interface would yield chinese restaurants. I know you can add your own POI's (we have a sub-forum devoted to it) but I'm uncertain as to whether or not you can add groups of POI's. I'm sure if you could it wouldn't be an easy task, since you'd basically be going over the 5+million POIs manually to place them into categories.

Hi,

1. Even setting the destination doesn't show the actual address. Only shows "Bob's house".... Not a big deal.

2 & 3. Too bad they put down 5million POI, but their display is so limited to a 1-2 mile of POI's near me, and there aren't more categories within POI menus and submenus. This last one might tip me over to a different model.

- Do higher end models of TomTom have better arranged POI's? Such as restaurants listed by cuisine?? What about other brands with the same price range as the TomTom 3rd edition?

1) you can rename the favorite to include the address: Bob's house: 123 Main st.

The POI database is pertaining to the map and not the firmwire.

Ask a Question