TOMTOM ONE 3rd ed. Buggy GPS signal

Ive tried almost anything, using a pin to reset it, factory settings, deleting the gpsquickfix on tomtom home. You name it, ive prolly done it.

My problem: when i turn on my tom tom one 3rd ed. it works just fine for about 1 minute. then it loses the gps signal... with >9 satellites in the range. then when i restart the tomtom in the same spot, it gets signal for a minute, and goes away again...

ive tried to let it sit for an hour in the car with a valid gps signal, still jsut loses it, or as soon as i move after the hour it loses signal yet again....

please help.

Well, try the Clear flash tool found here.

It seems as if you've tried everything else. If the Clear flash doesn't help, do you have a backup (hopefully done by Explorer, not Home with hidden files/folders showing)? If so, delete the loose files in the root of the unit. Do NOT remove any folders or their contents.

Now, connect the unit to Home. You should be offered the latest application again. DL and install it. If you still lose the signal, I'm afraid you'll need to call Support at 866-486-6866 for further advice.

Whatever happened to QUICKFIX? I have not been offered a new file in weeks.

Ask a Question