TomTom - New car smell but no map update to 715

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One LE from BestBuy
I find it unfair that TomTom doesn't allow free map updates during the first 12 months of ownership. My TomTom practically smells brand new.

Sent TomTom support an email and even included my receipt. No deal. Even though I've had my TomTom for less than 4 months, I must pay $99 if I want to upgrade the map. I posted my question and their reply to my blog.
http://scottscoffeehouse.com/?p=456

:mad:

I believe there is not much more in new update that Mapshare can't change. Depend of the region you are, I would encourage to wait for the new map to come out and see on that website if it is worth it. what you can have on a new map is new streets or removed old one. That is about it. If go on teleatlas map website (see the sticky) you will see where you can see the map, and it won't be different that the next map you can buy... yes it can be, it can have less changes, cause TT take 3 months to precess maps. From my region the map is good. No need a new map. with a new TT you have mapshare for 1 year, so unless you know that you need badly those new streets to live don't go buy a new map until you are sure they will be on the map you buy. For my I buy my XLS with a 4 years warranty. If it break I will get a replacement, I can die before, I can loose it, I can have it stolen. In 4 years if it still working I can sell it, get a new one and he will have all brand new map and all kind of new features:p , so no need to pay for new map.

So did you call or email them within the 30 day time frame? If so, you have a case. If not, you should have read the packaging material more closely.

Edit: I read your other posts and it looks like you purchased it back in November from Best Buy. BB has a pretty good return policy, you should have returned it when you had the chance after reading about the latest map guarantee. Sorry

Last edited:

Ask a Question