TomTom losing GPS location on Android Auto.

Sorry been out all afternoon. I’ve now set the location to always, and I will report back. I have a 80 mile trip tomorrow so that will give it a good try.
Paul

Hi, after 200 km testing I know can confirm that the issue above has been fixed with TomTom app 3.6.179. GPS signal remains fully stable in Android Auto even with TomTom app in background. In my configuration it was necessary to set the app permission for GPS to the new option Allow Always. Hopefully my positive experience is also valid for all users who struggled with this behavior in the last months. Thanks to all sharing their thoughts with us.

I agree with BigWolf, my run today had a stable location even with other apps cutting in.
SUCCESS!!
A team effort!

Thanks Paul for your confirmation. Finally we are back to a robust an simple use of TomTom in Android Auto. I really was afraid to be forced to switch to another GPS app or a more modern phone with Android 13. Now I am happy! Have a nice weekend!

I have now got a new phone 😁 on Android 12. TT Go works perfectly without any changes to settings.
The phone is offering me an update to A13 which I’ve yet to action, but will report back once that is up & running.

Ask a Question