TomTom losing GPS signal

TomTom Go Live 540. Software Version 8.370

I have had this device for 10 months and it has always performed well.

I drive/drove a Volvo V50 . I have just changed my car for a new Volvo V50 and the instant I transferred my device it started to lose the GPS signal completely every few minutes.

I have the device seated in the exact same position in the new car. It does not have a heated windscreen and as far as I am aware has no special coatings on the glass.

Several contacts with TomTom support gave me instructions to follow to try and resolve the problem as they tell me that there is no booster antenna available for the 540 Go Live.

I followed these but it made no difference. I have just been for a run in my wifes car and the device works perfectly in that. ???

Some days it will only lose the GPS signal two or three times in the day but most times it is every few minutes.

I've now reached a brick wall and wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem.

Jim.

I drive a V70 with no issues at all for GPS reception and I am not aware that Ovlov have sudenly started fitting Athermic glass, have you tried positioning the device at other locations in the car, and does the device show normal GPS reception when not in the car.
One other check is to try switching the device on without the power cable attached to the car or the device, does this make any difference as it could be the car charger cable that is at fault - Mike

Ask a Question