TOMTOM-iPOD

Troubles with Connecting my 510 to my 80GB video iPOD :eek:

+ I Have the iTunes and iPOD latest version. :)
+ I Have the TOMTOM latest software. :)
+ I Have nearly 50GB of music stored in my iPOD. :)
+ I connect my iPOD to my TOMTOM both recognize themselves:
In my iPOD the TOMTOM logo is displayed wiht a check and a message saying: "ok to disconect" ;)
In my TOMTOM a small dialoge box says: "Hector's iPOD detected" ;)
+ I touch iPOD manager in my TOMTOM and a message saying: "10% completed 0 songs 0 audiobooks found" is displayed. :confused:
+ I can not control my iPOD from my TOMTOM and no songs can be played. :mad:
+ I've called TOMTOM support. They recommended me to do a soft restart and update my software for both. Done it,
didn't help at all. :(
+ I've tested the cables with a 40GB iPOD and they work :rolleyes:
+ I've tryde to connect my 80GB iPOD to another TOMTOM and the same thing happend: "10% completed 0 songs 0
audiobooks found". :mad:

What can I do? :confused: Please help me. Any ideas? :(

Thanks. Hector.

Last edited:
I am not the technical expert but I do have an 80 g ipod connected to my tomtom. The first time I connected it I received the same messages as you indicate. I waited for seemed like a rather long time and nothing happened. Turned off the ipod did all the things you said you did. Connected again and the same thing. Waited, waited, waited....nothing. Phone rang and I was away for about ten minutes. Came back and the thing was working perfectly. I do not think it was the phone:) :) but the fact that the 80 g hd in the ipod requires an enormous amount of time to identify the songs etc. I have noticed this same thing each time I update my ipod I must wait a very long time before it starts identifying songs. Might be something to try.

Let's see...

It great when one finds out that one is not alone. Thanks. I'll try it. I actually remember a similar situation in which I went to the kitchen it for several minutes, didn't keep track of time, but it didn't work. Three questions for you:
How much memory of your iPod is used? like mine is about 50GB
Any idea of how many minutes did you talk on the phone?
Do you have videos stored in your iPOD?
Just to have an estimated time hehehe. :p
Thanks.

Last edited:
Did Not Work, Any Suggestion?

I left them connected for 45 minutes and nothing happened... "10% completed (0 songs, 0 audiobooks found)" was still displayed.

Any other ideas?

Thank you so much. :(

Just to trouble shoot the problem. I understand you used different IPods and no success. You have everthing updated. I begin to wonder if your Ipod cable is good enough. This is just a though or an assumption. The only other way to test it out is to use that cable and Ipod on anther 910 or use another Ipod cable. Im sure nothing is wrong with your Ipod(s).

Where do you live?
If you lived near me, I would let you test it out with my Ipod cable.

Already Tried

I connected a 40GB iPOD of a friend with MY CABLE to his TOMTOM510. Bad... news... it DID work.... so the cable is OK. Then I connected my iPOD with MY Cable (that now we know it works) to his TOM TOM and guess what? IT DID NOT WORK... it showed the same message.... "10% complete, 0 songs 0 audiobooks found".... I've started to become desperate... because one of the main reasons that I bought the TOMTOM 510 is because of the fact that it can control you iPOD.... any other IDEA....??? thanks for helping me on this one....
HEctor... by the way I live in Houston

My iPOD is a 80GB Video iPOD, it is from the latest generation. I bought it four months ago. Yesterday I've also tried:
To remove all the videos from it = Didn't work
To open a play list and connected like that, instead of connecting it in
the "root directory" = Didn't work either
To connect it while playing a song = Obtained the same message " 10%
complete, 0 songs 0 audiobooks found" by the way the song was not
heard in the TOMTOM speaker.

:confused:

Thanks. Hector.

Strange! Can your Ipod be connected to another computer with Itunes?
It must be something with the settings that isn't allow your unit to see your Ipod.

Perfectly!!!

I can connect my iPOD to my computer and upload songs to it without a single problem. I thought my portal (in the lower pole where you connect your iPOD) was damaged..but that's not the case.

Before I posted in this forum, which is great by the way, I called TOMTOM and they were also very surprised of my situation. They said that I'm the first complain about TOMTOM-iPOD , in the whole world... hehehe Should I be proud? I'm unique.... I'm really concerned about my problem, as I manifested before... the reason why I bought TOMTOM is because of this feature.... and now I can't use it. :mad:

Another funny thing is that many people visit this forum... but only you and me post.... maybe the title is attractive... PLEASE FORUMees I NEED SOME IDEAS...:cool:

Another funny thing is that many people visit this forum... but only you and me post.... maybe the title is attractive... PLEASE FORUMees I NEED SOME IDEAS...

sorry i cant help on your problem i only have 2gb ipod & it works
perfect with my 910.

Sorry bud, I don't have my TomTom or Ipod right right to test it out and see what's going on.

I'm still thinking about this one.

Settings....

I firmly believe that a specific setting in the iPOD :( is what prevents my TOMTOM from gaining control over it. I don't know if the way I have my play lists ordered... I don't know.... it must be somethhing.... The way I have my iPOD organized is:

I've created many playlists as may as the arists I have. Inside every list youll find only songs from that artist. I did it that way because you know that the MP3 and WAV files sometimes don't have all the information (artist, album, song, year) that iPOD needs to order them....That being said i don't know if that influences in the connection to TOMTOM.

Just thinking outloud...Thanks... for helping....

Hector.

iPOD

mmm.... well my computer is a PC, so it is windows formatted... I think... is there a way I can know? or just by having the PC it will be windows foramtted automatically? :confused:

On the IPod in Settings choose 'about' and scroll all the way to the bottom. If it's windows that's not the problem because mine is too (though it's ancient in comparison to the these new fangled video 'pods)

Lets See

;) Ideas like these are what I need. I'll check it out this afternoon. Thanks. Hope came back again. :D Any possible solution makes me excited.

Hector.

Sorry I have been away. Been flying. I checked my ipod and it is a 60 g. Maybe tt cannot read the 80. And tt support has heard about problems with the ipod at least once. I had a similar problem. If I delayed after starting tt it would not recognize the ipod. If I turned it off and started the ipod immediatley it worked fine. Support had no idea if I recall but I found that all I had to do was touch the ipod wheel and the unit started fine. Hope you get yours worked out. Just a thought but Pedro is there a chance there is some file on the tt that limits the size of the information it can take from the ipod that could be altered?

Let me see if I understood. Your are suggesting that I should have the TOM TOM ON... then connect my iPOD to it but turned off right? and then touch the wheel so it turns on? OK ;) I'll try it.
I'll try anything.... The question that you have just asked Pedro is one that I also had in mind... THANKS YOUR HELP

Ask a Question