TomTom 510 & iPod 3rd Gen Issues

I recently purchased a TomTom 510 and iPod Connect cable to use with my 3rd Generation iPod (which TomTom says is supported).

My issue is when I power off the TomTom the iPod continues to play and the TomTom screen on the iPod doesn't go away. When I hook up a 1st Gen Mini when I power off the TomTom the iPod pauses and the TomTom logo goes away.

Any one else have these same issue? Does any even have have a 3rd Gen iPod anymore? :)

I haven't experienced what you are.I always pause the music playing before I turn it off. I have turned off the unit before and it does disconnect on its own.

I haven't experienced what you are.I always pause the music playing before I turn it off. I have turned off the unit before and it does disconnect on its own.

what gen iPod are you using?

I have come to the realization that the TomTom is not the optimal interface for playing my ipod (which sucks cause I was trying to consolidate my Nav, iPod and hands free cell into one unit). The sound quality is so-so, but I can't seem to get the same volume as I do out of my Drive+Play. So I think I will be sticking with that for the iPod control.

Ask a Question