TomTom iPod connection with 8.3 software help

Hello, I am a new TomTom owner,
I recently purchased a TomTom Go 720. After taking it out the box and playing around with it I was very pleased with my purchase. When i first hooked it up to the iPod in my car and turned on some music I could control the volume and it sounded good. I then hooked it up to my PC and updated the software to version 8.3, as prompted. After connecting it to my iPod in the car again, the volume was set to the maximum capabilities. When I tried to turn it down through the TomTom I realized that I could no longer control the volume through the unit, and I am left with my music on full blast and it doesn't sound good at all. Is there anyway i can fix this? :confused:

Believe that is one of the issues that firmware 8.3 causes. You'll have to use the radio to control the volume and/or return to a lower firmware level.

Believe that is one of the issues that firmware 8.3 causes. You'll have to use the radio to control the volume and/or return to a lower firmware level.

When I use the radio to control the volume its clicking and popping because the volume on the GPS is too high. Does anyone have any instructions for downgrading the firmware. I searched and couldn't find any info.

Check out the link here

Thanks for your help. i was about to downgrade the firmware and the volume is working fine now. I am able to control the volume through the GPS unit again, and it sounds great.

The problem now is that I had TTMplayer and it was working fine before, but now it doesn't show up. I tried to reinstall it, but it's not installing. It's giving me an error saying something like "Error writing settings.dat" and it won't install. Can you give me help with this also, I'd be very appreciative.

Are you referring to some application OTHER than TomTom's player? If so, understand that firmware 8.3 has effectively killed off just about all 3rd party applications.

Ask a Question