TomTom Home will not start

I am having trouble starting my TomTom Home v2.6 from my PC. I am running on Windows XP Pro sp2. After I click the icon to start the program I get this error.

TomTomHOMERuntime.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have tried re-installing the program from the original disk and also tried downloading from the TomTom website with no luck.

This used to work fine. I do not remember doing anything to the computer to have caused this.

Please help

Thanks

GWW

Check this:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

Expand the window to full screen and scroll down to a listing for TomTom Homes. Is it running? If set for Disabled, reset to Automatic and click Apply.

Thanks for the reply.

However it set to status = started and and start up = automatic. It was not disabled and was running. Just for the fun of it I stopped it and tried with no luck then started it again and tried again with no luck.

Anything else I might try would be greatly appreciated

Again thanks

GWW

Before a "reinstall", I'd go the Control Panel route and uninstall the program, then delete the entire TomTom HOME 2 directory aftewards. Then try the reinstall from the disk. Then try to fire it up and get TomTom to push you a fresh copy.

With luck, that will also get rid of a sufficient number of registry keys and Regedit won't even play into this.

There are also, from what we've been able to figure out, some files used in common with Microsoft .NET framework. If for any reason one of these has been corrupted, that may also cause trouble. I say this because some who have tried to run TomTom Home and haven't had .NET installed have run into problems. So as a 2nd shot at all of this, you might consider reinstalling .NET as well.

Ask a Question