TomTom Home will not start

Hi everyone
I am kind of new here. I have a Rider 2 and it works great, however I am having trouble getting Home to start. The version of Home is 2.6. and the error is below.

TomTomHOMERuntime.exefailed with error0: Process failed to start up correctly.
I this problem persists, please reinstall from: TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems

I have tried to get it to start by reinstalling and putting it on another drive on the pc everytime the same error

Please help
Thanks GWW

Just for the heck of it (assuming a pc), do this:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

When it opens, scroll down to homerunner service and see whether it is running. It should be set to automatic. If it shows as 'disabled', then set it to automatic and then 'start' and apply.

Then try to start Home again.

I have the same problem on my go 720. After it did an upgrade my "home"will not work as it is not highlighted and is tells me I am unable to use it. Also none of my voices to give directions work even though the speaker works and the voices are installed.
Any suggestions welcome

Gordon

I have four voices installed and have tried each of them in turn.
I think the unit came with an installation disk but I cannot find it.I was going to try and re install everything after deleting it.

Gordon

Hi, after trying everything I removed the memory card with my music on it.
I put the unit back on the cradle and it updated again.
Now every thing works. The Home and my voices. Some how the card was buggering everything.

Thanks for the help.

Gordon

Ask a Question